FlyportPRO is a powerful, low cost, low energy system on module that enables anything to connect to Internet.
FlyportPRO shrinks the development time needed to create a connected object from 6 months to few days.
- No need for an external microcontroller, the one on FlyportPRO runs your application
- The free IDEpro provides you a set of APIs to make your development easier
- There are tutorials and code examples on our Wiki
- There's a great community of users ready to help
- We provide professional support and customization.
For customers using Flyport GPRS: How to switch from FlyportPRO GPRS to FlyportPRO GPRS V2
No problem, very easily. If you made a product based on FlyportPRO GPRS (using the Sagem transceiver) please note that the new FlyportPRO GPRS V2 (uBlox transceiver) has the same dimensions and identical pinout. On the firmware side you just need to open your code with the latest version of our IDE and recompile, that's it.
Please also consider that the new module has more possibilities and enriched API, just read the Tutorials on wiki.openpicus.com
Make or buy?
What are the advantages to use FlyportPRO and a carrier board instead of making your product from scratch?
- A carrier board for FlyportPRO is normally very simple (only passive components) since the complexity is on our module.
- You can offer your customers 3 models of your product and for you it's just one simple carrier board.
- Financial savings: just keep in stock the carrier board and buy the right FlyportPRO model according to your market needs.
- Each model of FlyportPRO have the same micro onboard: porting of your code couldn't be easier.
- FlyportPRO is reliable and already applied in hundreds of products.
- FlyportPRO is CE certified: this will reduce a lot the certification of your product.
Let's go a little into details, what FlyportPRO provides you?
- Powerful and low power microcontroller (PIC24FJ256GB206)
- GPRS quadband certified transceiver (U-Blox Sara G350 with uFL connector)
- A complete set of APIs for hardware control, low power modes management and connectivity.
- Full set of connectivity functions including SMS
- 256k program memory, 96Kbyte RAM, 16Mbit FLASH, 64Kbit EEPROM
- PPS: most of the pins are configurable by software
- GPIO, PWM, analog inputs, UARTs, SPI, I2C